Sunday, September 11, 2011

Wheel of Concept

I'm back with another blog! Just as the weekend is almost over too.

I've wanted to blog about this for a while, but I just didn't have the time. The good folks at Tribal DDB came up with this thing called the Wheel of Concept. You just simply enter a brand name, spin the wheel and it will spit out an idea that you can use for a campaign. It's a lot of fun to play around with.

As an example, I typed in the brand name Rust-Oleum, and according to this application, I should make a campaign that uses augmented reality. I guess if you are stuck on something, you could use it, but I don't think it would be that practical. I used the example I previously mentioned several weeks ago when I first found out about the Wheel of Concept, and it spit out exactly the same idea. Of course according to the website, if you believe that you can come up with better ideas than they have, you should work at Tribal DDB. This does almost sound like a recruiting tool.

Recruiting tool or not, the Wheel of Concept is definitely fun to play around with. You can check it out for yourself here.

That's all for now. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @GalacticGirlx2 for even more insights into what it's like to be an advertising student.


No comments:

Post a Comment